Monday, April 20, 2009

TE question 3

I think that Vygotsky's theory on the Zone of Proximal Development is a very important theory that is related to teaching because it allows the teacher to realize what is and isn't feasible for a student to learn. Once the ZPD has been assessed, the teacher can form a realistic plan of information to teach. I will use this in my classroom by finding out what the students already know, (I want to be a German teacher, so I need to know how much German they have already learned) and then I will set out to teach what I think the students are capable of learning. I also think the IP theory is very important to teaching, especially a language. I will use the rehearsal part of this theory on a regular basis in my classroom. This way, the students will learn vocabulary until it is second nature to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment